Customer relationship management (CRM) software keeps all customer interactions in one place. CRMs have evolved significantly over the last few years because they are effective at streamlining communications, improving customer satisfaction and retaining loyal customers. Some CRMs are expensive, but yours doesn’t have to be. With Microsoft Access, you can access the built-in CRM database template. Below we’ll show you how.
Features of Microsoft Access CRM Template
Microsoft Access has a great selection of templates that you can download and work off of, but be aware that not all may meet your needs. In this case, it’s best to hire a company like Arkware to build a custom database for your business or organization. This way, you’ll have everything you need to keep track of your customers in one place.
Here are some of the features that an MS Access CRM template will include:
- Account/client information
- Contact information
- Potential sales opportunities
- Activities (phone calls, appointments, emails, etc.)
How to Make Your Own CRM in Access
Below are the steps to creating your own CRM using Microsoft Access.
- Step 1. Open Access and locate the template gallery. To find the CRM, select “File” and “New.” Here you will see all of the available databases. Download the sales contact management database. It’s included under the “business” templates.
- Step 2. Review the template. Make sure it meets your needs. To view the full database, press F11. This lets you view the tables, queries, forms, reports, macros and modules.
- Step 3. Modify the tables and forms to meet your needs. This may require you to edit field properties of the tables and forms. Fortunately, MS Access is fairly easy to work in – no coding experience necessary!
- Step 4. Review the relationships between tables. If necessary, modify them to fit your needs.
- Step 5. Enter your data into the tables and forms. You can do this manually or by inputting data directly from Access.
- Step 6. Run your queries. If the template does not contain queries, use the query wizard to create them.
What if You Can’t Find the Right CRM Template?
The selection of client tools in Access is limited, so it’s possible that you may not be able to use the built-in CRM template for your business. If this is the case, contact Arkware for a customized solution. We can build you a personalized CRM that fits your unique needs and budget!